Monday, May 26, 2008

Farm Day

On the weekend we had some city people come out to our farm for Farm Day. Farm Day was invented so people from the city could come and spend a day on a farm and see what country life is really like. We had a mother and daughter, Mariese and Mikaela, come and spend the weekend. They were really lovely people, and I enjoyed their company. Mikaela loves the animals, and I am convinced she would make a good vet. She knows how to handle an animal well and they seem to respond well too her. She is not afraid of them either.
Mikaela with Sheildy and Sylvester. I loved how she was not squeamish about putting her fingers in calves mouthes. She didn't mind them sucking on her at all.
The fog lifting over the hill
Mikaela was sitting outside a wombat burrow, and Blackie got his head in the way of the photo. We entitled this one "Needs Salt."
The calves feeding off the calfeteria.


I know this photo is blurry, but it is one of my favourites. I reckon it looks really good.


Mikaela helping feed the calves.

Mariese patting Patch

No comments: